Reasons to watch the amount of water that is consumed:
- Cost: Save money on your water bill every month.
- Treatments: Water treatment is getting more expensive, especially with the amount of toxins like fertilizes and pesticides that are used theses days.
- Energy: Consider the amount of energy it takes to get the water to your home, heat water and treat water.
- Life: Every living organism on Earth needs water to survive!
There are a lot of easy ways to conserve water. We will explore more on watering your landscape in the next few articles, but first, here are some other ways to conserve around your home and business:
- Low flow faucets, shower heads and toilets: Most new residential and commercial construction implements these fixtures. Your home and business can be easily updated also with a very small investment.
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets: It may not seem like much, but it can add up. Usually the cost of fixing a leaky faucet is much less than months worth of water dripping down the drain.
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth: This is a common one. Just think of the dollars going right down the drain while brushing, especially if several people live in your household.
- Turn down the heat setting on your hot water tank: This may not directly save water, but it will help save energy, and you may be less likely to stand in that hot shower for as long after a long day at work!
- Wash full loads: Only wash full loads in your dishwasher and washing machine. In addition, buy energy efficient appliances that have water saving features built in.
There are hundreds of creative ways to save water. Teach your family to conserve and be conscious as well. It's not only a means to save a few bucks, but it's also very important for the future of our planet. Overwatering in your landscape is a common issue that we see all of the time. Watch out for our next few articles to learn more about it!